Chicken with Basil Leaves- Phad Ka Pow Gai
This is the first dish I made at home in Thai Cuisine. I couldn’t believe how quick and easy it was to make this chicken recipe. This is the reason why most of Thai dishes are freshly prepared and served immediately. Gai means chicken in Thai.
Basil leaves are commonly used in Thai cooking. They are different varieties of Basil leaves. In Pakistan, this plant is commonly known as Niaz Bo and Tulsi(Holy Basil). This is the same variety as Thai Basil. If you can’t find this herb in grocery store, go get a plant pot from nursery nearby-worth an investment.
Recipe: Chicken With Basil Leaves
- 500 g Chicken Boneless (horizontally and thinly sliced)
- 4 cloves of Garlic- crushed and sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- 4 fresh red chillies – sliced thinly for a spicier taste
- 30-40 Basil Leaves
- Add oil in a wok and heat it. Stir fry garlic and chillies. Fry till garlic turns light brown.
- Add chicken and stir fry till cooked. Don’t forget to keep tossing it.
- Now add oyster sauce and soya sauce. Mix it and toss it well.
- Add the basil leaves and cook it till the leaves become soft.
- Yes, your dish is ready!
- Serve it with white rice and lime.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 3