Eating Lauki is known to have a very refreshing and cooling effect in summers. This particular dish is also a great natural remedy to have when you have a bad stomach.
If you are wondering what it looks like here it is..
- One Lauki (Gourd)
- Shred Lauki into thin slices (after taking off the outer layer)
- Add lauki in a pan and cover it with water- a little more then the vegetable.
- Boil it till Lauki softens and is cooked through. If extra water remains drain it very well.
- Let the vegetable cool down.
- Beat yogurt very thoroughly, you can add some milk as well to make sure the consistency is not thick.
- Mix Lauki with yogurt
- Add salt in it as required and white cumin seeds (Zeera). You can mix chopped coriander leaves as well.
- Top it with white cumin seeds (zeera) (after rubbing them between the palms- for the aroma)
For more Lauki
Recipes, check out this delicious Doodh kadu
recipe on our blog