I always bought a bottle of sweet chili sauce to serve with some particular snacks like crab cakes, prawn tempura. It also tastes great with the usual Shami Kebabs and to be used in sandwiches. I tried to make this dip at home and it turned out to be the easiest dip ever.
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp Fish Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (mashed)
- ½ tbsp Crushed chillies
- ½- 1 tbsp corn flour- mixed in water
- Add all of the above ingredients except corn flour in a pan.
- Place the pan on medium heat and let it boil till the liquid reduces to almost half.
- Beware of an extremely pungent smell of vinegar and chilies. Once the liquid is reduced, add corn flour while mixing and thicken it to a dip consistency.
- Taste the dip .It should be sweet first and then spicy
- Let it cool in refrigerator and serve it with prawn tempura