This recipe was received as part of a competition we ran on Chefling Tales on Mothers Day. This recipe was selected as the best recipe from over 20 recipes received and was judged by Professional Chefs. This recipe is coming your way from Sukhur.
“Today I am going to share my mom’s best-cooked dish- Imly Fried Fish. Fried Fish with Tamarind Sauce. It is a very special dish because I have never found this recipe in any other kitchen! This dish holds a special place as it has been passed on from generation-my mom learned this dish from her grand mother (Nani).
Once my mom sent this dish to my father’s office for lunch. Some of his friends tasted it and they liked it so much that next day they all came to our place to have this yummy fish! I am sure you will love it as much when you try it !
- Fish- 1kg cut into pieces- You can use any kind of fish
- Imly (Tamarind) thick paste:1 cup
- Mint leaves-1 bunch- finely chopped
- Coriander leaves-1 bunch- finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Green chillies:5
- Chilli powder:1 table spoon
- Coriander powder:1 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder:1 table spoon
- Oil for shallow fry
- Put imli paste(tamarind paste), coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chillies and all spices in a blender. This will make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on fish pieces-on one side of each piece.
- Heat oil in a pan and put the fish pieces in pan. Make sure you keep the side of the fish with no Imly paste on top.
- Cover pan and let it cook for 5- 10 minutes on low heat
- Now take the heated oil carefully from the pan with a spoon and and pour it on the top side of the fish with the paste.
- This way both sides of fish will be fully cooked and the top will become crispy.
Serve it fresh and hot!