This recipe comes from my mother in law I learned cooking it from her, and she learned it from her mother so this recipe has a historical importance. My mother in law cooks moti pulao usually we are having a grand dinner at home and my husband simply loves to eat it. So he wanted that I too should learn to cook it. It is a unique recipe which tastes perfect as well.
- 1 medium size onion.
- 3 cups rice.
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds.
- 1 tsp garam masala.
- 2 chicken cubes.
- Salt to taste
Mini mince balls:
- 1/2 kg Minced beef
- 1/2 tsp kutti Lal Mirch.
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander.
- 1 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Take the minced beef add all above ingredients n make very small balls out of it just the size of peas or little bigger than that.
- In a pan take 4 to 5 tbsp of oil fry these mini koftas and set them aside.
- In the same oil fry, 1 medium sized thinly sliced onion until golden brown add very little water and stir as we do for regular pulao.
- Now add 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 tsp garam masala, salt and 2 knorr chicken cubes and the fried mince balls.
- Now add 4 and 1/2 cups of water when it boils add 3 cups of rice that were previously soaked for 30 to 40 mins.
- Cook rice on a medium high flame with the lid open. When most of the water dries output on a lid and put it over a very low flame on dum and add thinly sliced ginger and green chilies cook until rice are done.
- Serve hot with mint raita and fresh salad.