Its hard to accept defeat, when you have invested your time for months debating, convincing for the people you stood for. Nonetheless, that’s what happens in any game or competition. We have to accept the defeat with magnanimity.
When you need to fill the growling stomachs and provide comfort to those losing hope, Mashed Potato Balls will serve you well. It tastes even better as long as you are not counting.
- 3 medium sized potatoes (boil them, take off the skin and mash them)
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt and Black pepper powder to taste
- 1 Cheddar cheese slice for center filling
- Crumbs for coating: Take 1 piece of bread and ½ cup corn flakes and blend together. Season with salt and black pepper
- 1 egg beaten
- Take in milk a cup and add butter. Microwave it for 15 seconds or till butter is melted. Now slowly mix the butter- milk in mashed potatoes.
- Add salt and black pepper.
- Take a tbsp of mashed potatoes, add a small piece of cheddar cheese in center and roll it into a ball.
- Dip the potato ball in egg and then coat it well with crumbs. Make 4-5 balls in a go and then start frying.
- Fry these balls in shallow oil at medium heat- carefully changing sides to ensure the balls get an equal golden color.
- Take them out on an absorbent paper and serve them hot!
Edited Version printed on Express Tribune Magazine http://tribune.com.pk/story/546585/election-day-recipes/