As the Ramazan blessings are making their way to our homes, and so will be some family friends to meet and greet for the arrival of Ramazan. So I thought of doing some preparations to greet the guests. It is our family tradition to have a get together before Ramazan where close family and friends discuss the rituals of the blessed month. Other than that, on these special eves, it’s impossible to do a lot of dishes and guests often come at tea time so instead of making complicated and time consuming dishes, it’s better to make some tea time snacks. I love to bake snacks and the butter cake is the key snack and tea essential that everyone loves to dip in their cup of tea . This recipe is so easy, quick and health friendly that you all would love to try it at least once.
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of baking soda
- 3/4 cup lukewarm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Handful of nuts and resins
- Mix cream oil and sugar together and beat
- Add eggs one by one and beat well
- Add vanilla extract and beat again
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda
- Add the dry mixture to a mixture of eggs; alternatively with lukewarm milk
- Continuously mix it with spatula until it gets incorporated. You can add more milk for the desired consistency!
- Brush your dish or pan with butter and pour this mixture to it
- Add nuts and resins on top of it!
- Put it in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until it gets brown at 180*C
- Add dry mixture alternatively with milk, in a sequence that it ends at milk! This will soften your cake.
- Don’t beat your batter after adding flour. This will harden your cake.
- Don’t bake it at a higher temperature than 180 C*, it will also harden the cake.
- You can use this recipe for simple VANILLA CUPCAKES.