“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then would also suffice.” Chocolate is, without any doubt, the most craved for sweets of all times. The only spell that can break any curse. Whether you want to apologize to someone or express your love, it always comes in handy. But what offends me the most is that man`s best , sweet creation has been blamed for increasing weight and health problems since years, now. Here are some quick health facts that will prove to you that a little chocolate will only benefit you, not harm.
1. If you buy the pure dark chocolate of good quality, then it may contain many beneficial minerals such as fiber, iron and magnesium.
2. It is loaded with antioxidants. In fact, it has got a lot more than that in healthy fruits like blueberries and acai berries.
3. Many a times, dark chocolate can control blood flow and lower blood pressure.
4. Insulin resistance is also reduced which is a common risk factor for many heart diseases and diabetes.
5. It can protect your skin against the sun because of the flavanols it contains which also improve skin density.
6. It can improve the way your brain functions because it has a high amount of substances like caffeine and Theo bromine.
7. Chocolate releases a lot of good feelings in your brain which can distress you at anytime.
So, quit whining about how it can add onto your calories and be grateful for the divine creation of cocoa that brought you this blessing in disguise.