Fruits are a blessing by the Almighty, particularly in the month of Ramazan; we can use them in our kitchen to make various recipes. We can use them to make smoothies, milk shakes, desserts, salads, and much more. A great way of using fruit is to transform them into evening snacks to provide yourself with both taste and nutrition.
Which is why I have come up with a unique recipe of fried fruit snack, Fried Caramel apples. Apples are a source of iron and they can really boost you with energy, which is why it is a good dish to have at the Iftaar table, especially if you have a sweet tooth. You can serve fried caramel as a formal or a casual tea time snack, or as a dessert portion after the main course.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 medium sized apples
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Oil for frying
For Caramel sauce
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup cream
- Cut the apples into round slices and remove the seeds.
- Mix flour, milk and egg together and make a batter.
- Dip the apple slices into the mixture and shallow fry.
- Cook each side of the apple for 1-2 minutes on medium flame until their color turns golden brown.
- Remove the apples from the pan and soak the excess oil.
- For caramel sauce; cook sugar and butter together until the color turns brown, add cream and mix thoroughly.
- Now dip one side of the fried apples in the caramel sauce.
- Serve hot with tea as a snack, or with ice-cream as a dessert.
Preparation time – 5 Minutes
Cooking time – 10 Minutes
Serves – 2
Hope you enjoy the recipe! Do tell us how it turned out.