Every year in Ramazan, we Pakistanis promise ourselves that we won’t eat fried food in Iftar. And every year, that promise is broken. All the pakora in Iftaar memes on social media are a true picture of how we feel at Iftaar time without pakoras. Carbs in any form (fattening form), fried and coated with more carbs are what I love too. Although I drink lemonade without sugar, with the fried items to make myself feel I have a healthy diet (the hypocrite that I am). One of my favorite snacks is bread rolls, and I keep adding different fillings inside to create variety. The basic is chicken bread rolls, which I make using leftover chicken from any salan (gravy). The variations can be endless as per your liking. Another easy and favorite snack of mine is chopped sausages with cheddar cheese, a must try.
Preparation Time: 30 mins
No of servings: 6-8
- Chicken (leftover from gravy), 6-8 large pieces or chicken (boiled and shredded)
- Black pepper, ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red pepper, 1/4 tsp
- Red chillies flakes, 1/4 tsp
- Hot sauce, 1 tsp
- Mayonnaise, 4-5 tbsp
- Bread, 8 pieces
- Eggs, 3 (beaten with salt and black pepper as per taste)
- Bread crumbs (optional)
- Oil for frying, ½ cup
- Flatten the bread slices with a dry non-stick rolling pin.
- Wet your palm and put the bread slice on top and add filling.
- Roll it completely.
- Now coat this with the beaten eggs.
- When all the rolls are formed and before frying, roll them in your hands so they don’t open.
- Pre heat oil in a pan and deep fry them, till they turn crispy and light brown.
Enjoy with ketchup or garlic mayo.