Pina-colada is a famous drink worldwide. It is made up of a combination of pineapple and coconut, both of which are tropical fruits. The two fruits really complement each other and you can never go wrong with a pina-colada. Whether it’s a dessert or a drink, pineapple and coconut go well with each other. The taste is not only refreshing, it is a really good fill too.
Mangoes can be found all around in the fruit market these days. It is the fruit of the season, and all you can think about is mangoes, all the time. I wanted to incorporate mangoes in pina-colada to see how the sweet taste of mangoes compliments it’s punch.
After a long day of fasting, this drink is bound to quench your thirst in a jiffy.
- Mangoes pulp – 1 cup
- Pineapple chunks- ½ – ¾ cup
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup – one small tin
- Ice – as required
- Sugar/honey – 4 tablespoons
- Coconut ice-cream or desiccated coconut – 2 or 3 tablespoons
- Milk – ½ cup or as required
- Blend mangoes, pineapple, coconut milk, sugar, ice-cream and milk together.
- If desired consistency is not reached, use more milk.