It’s summer! It’s Ramazan and it’s Mangoes! These are the words we have been hearing from the very first roza. While hearing the word mango instantly makes us smile.
While we pull out the mango pleasures to our Iftaar tables; how can you not make a healthy drink with mangoes after a day of fasting in such a scorching day of June?
A simple blend of mangoes with fresh mint leaves and icy water makes for a healthy and satisfying drink. You can add everyday flavors to your drinks, for the Iftaar table, and make the otherwise ordinary drinks looks fancy.
The sunset cocktail can be found on every restaurants’ menu. Here is my take on the simple yet elegant and refreshing drink.
You will need:
- Mangoes pulp – 1 cup
- Sugar / honey – 4 tablespoons
- Mint leaves – 6 – 8 leaves
- Jam-e-Shireen – 1 tablespoon
- Water – as required
- Ice – as required
- Blend mangoes, mint leaves, sugar, and water together.
- In a separate glass, prepare Jam-e-Shireen in a quarter glass of water.
- Keep them in fridge to chill unless you are ready to serve.
- Fill the serving glass with required amount of ice.
- Add quarter of a glass of Jam-e-Shireen and then top it with prepared mango juice.
- Don’t stir and serve immediately.
Now you have a unique and tasty thirst quencher for Iftaar – experiment with your regular drinks and make something new everyday.