Every woman has just one thing on her mind; deciding the day’s menu. It’s not easy to decide what to prepare as the family demands unique and tasty dishes every day. The dessert is considered the royal time at my house, and so a royal dessert should be served on the table. Royal, also means full of energy that serves as a reservoir for the rest of the day. So we make sure that we add one special shahi (royal) dish in the menu and decided to share something special that everyone can add to their meetha menu as well. What would be more Royal than “Suji khoya halwa” . It’s as simple as “Suji Halwa”, only with a deliciously rich modification.
- Suji – 250 grams
- Khoya – 250 grams
- Desi / Banaspati Ghee – 250 grams
- Granulated Sugar – As per taste
- Crushed Coconut – 100 grams
- Crushed Almonds – 100 grams
- Green Ilaiche – 6
- Water – 2 Cups
- Yellow Food Color – Few Drops
- Cook Suji in desi/banaspati Ghee at a low flame until it turns light brown.
- Add khoya and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add granulated sugar in it and mix.
- Add crushed almonds and coconut.
- Add a few drops of yellow food color in 2 cups of water and pour it into the mixture of dry ingredients with constant stirring.
- Now cook this at high flame until all the water gets evaporated.
- Cook until you notice that the Ghee in periphery.
- Garnish it with leftover coconut , almonds and khoya.
- Serve hot with puri.