Zubaida, Our Pakhtoon chefling on the fringe promised us a unique recipe of anda paratha the last time we saw her. We were quiet surprised to see this version of anda paratha. Usually anda and paratha are cooked as separate items in breakfast, yet Zubaida told us that it is common practice in her home to cook them together. She said that in her house, a lot of people prefer this dish in breakfast and with a dollop of ghee from a buffalo! yes, not ghee from cows but buffaloes! The recipe is pretty simple and we hope you would like to try it!
- Wheat flour- Kneaded
- Eggs- 1/paratha
- Desi ghee
- Make a ball of kneaded flour (pairha)
- Now roll it out using a rolling pin
- Add 1 tbsp of ghee on it and fold the layer
- Roll it out into a layer again (like making a usual paratha)
- Beat one egg with some salt and pepper
- Now add some ghee on a skillet and put the paratha layer on top and let it cook a bit.
- Pour the beaten egg on top of the paratha layer and turn over
- The egg will begin to fry attached to the paratha layer.
- After a few minutes, turn it over.
- If the egg is still uncooked add some more ghee and let it cook face down on the skillet.
- Enjoy this unique anda paratha with a cup of hot doodh patti