Achaar is a Sindhi condiment, which is mostly used as a side dish to add a tangy flavor to the food. In olden days, achaar was usually made at home by the elderly women of the house, some homes still follow this tradition. Now the achaar based dishes like achaar gosht, achaari alu, achaar chicken are prepared swiftly in homes with the achaar masala packets you get from the market, but it doesn’t have the same aroma and flavor that originally comes from the province of Sindh. There are a few recipes where pickles are added to give the whole dish a pungent flavor, while the achaar masala can also be made at home: achaar gosht, achaari alu, achaar chicken etc. are popular dishes that are part of the Pakistani traditional tables.
Achari qeema is another pickle based dish, and to it’s perfection, we have the original Sindhi achaari qeema recipe for you. We used homemade masala to keep the original and authentic taste.
You will need:
- ½ KG minced meat (we used beef)
- 2 Onions diced
- 4 Tomatoes diced
- 2 Table spoon homemade achaar masala
- 2 Table spoon ginger garlic paste
- 4 table spoon oil
- 1 cup water
- Green chilies
- Lemon juice – 2 table spoon
For Homemade achaar masala, you will need:
- Methi dana (Fenugreek seeds) – 2 table spoon
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 2 teaspoon
- Kalongi black (caraway) – 2 teaspoon
- Red chilli – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Saanuf (Fennel seeds) – 2 teaspoon
Method For homemade achaar masala
Grind all the ingredients in a powdered form.
Method For Achaari Qeema
- In a pan, add qeema and let it heat.
- Add sliced onions.
- Followed by tomatoes.
- Add 2 table spoon ginger garlic paste.
- Add 2 table spoon achaar masala.
- Poor 1 cup water and let it cook for 30 – 40 mins.
- Pour some cooking oil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cut green chillies in half.
- Mix lemon juice and some achaari masala powder.
- Fill the paste in half cut green chillies.
- Serve hot with filled green chillies.