Travelling and eating are the best part of being of my job, getting to taste the local flavors of Pakistan and then promoting Pakistani Cusine in one way or another is great.
Chitral being my favorite destination, I found the local food there quite unique.Most commonly, the people of Chitral have soupy dishes, that have thicker consistency in their curries and the best part is that they use freshly grounded spices. Black pepper is one of the main ingredients in their recipes. Keeping in mind the flavors of Chitral I revamped a recipe to match the cuisine of Chitral.
Chitrali Chicken kali mirch
What do you need:
- ½ kg boneless chicken
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup yogurt
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Green chilies
- Add 2tbsp. of cooking oil in a pan.
- Followed by 2tbsp. of ginger and garlic paste and let it heat
- Add 1/2 kg of chicken
- Add 1 tsp cumin and coriander powder, followed by 1 tbsp. salt (or add to taste)
- Add 2tbsp. black pepper
- Mix all ingredients well and cook it for 10 – 15 minutes
- Next, pour 1 cup yogurt, mix it well and cook it for 15 – 20 minutes
- Garnish it with green chilies and lemon
Enjoy yummy peppered chicken and enjoy the flavor of Chitral at home.