We all have this sweet tooth craving, that only goes with a particular dessert, and when it comes to Pakistani desserts, like jalebi, ras malai, kheer, or falooda, we just can’t resist the temptation once we hear someone mentioning it.
It’s often difficult to find authentic places that serve these desserts, especially falooda, not every street vendor, or even a restaurant can pull off a good serving of falooda. We can’t always travel to other cities to get what we are craving, right? Which is what a foodie wouldn’t think twice about, but still to save you the trouble, we created our own easy fix of strawberry falooda, and here we are sharing the recipe.
You will need:
- Milk, 1 liter
- Strawberry jelly, 1 pack
- Basil seeds, 1/2 cup
- Strawberry ice cream
- Cardamom seeds – Elaichi dana
- Vermicelli – sewaiyyan
- In a pot, heat 1-liter milk.
- In hot milk, add vermicelli mix, which contains all the dry ingredients – dry basil seeds, cardamom seeds, sugar and vermicelli.
- Cook the mixture for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Let it cool before creating layers.
For layering out the falooda, you need a clear serving goblet.
- First, add a layer of soaked basil seeds, followed by cool vermicelli mix.
- Add cubes of strawberry jelly.
- Add the second layer of vermicelli mix.
- Add a scoop of strawberry ice cream.
- Top it off with more jelly.
And serve chilled!