Mango season has almost ended, sadly! The little of the mangoes left are not really edible, which is why we try to make milkshakes out of them, which doesn’t really work out, to be honest. Although we do have a little something you can make out of the last batch of mangoes to preserve them a bit longer. Sweet and spicy mango chutney! This pulpy chutney will add savor to your snacks and will leave your guests asking you for the recipe, when they do, just send them this recipe link!
For sweet and spicy mango chutney, you will need:
- 2 Mangoes diced
- 4 table spoon Oil
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon Methi dana (Fenugreek seeds)
- 2 teaspoon Zeera (Caraway seeds)
- 2 teaspoon dried melon seeds (Char maghaz)
- Dry fruits (We used coconut and almonds)
- Let the oil heat in a pan.
- Add methi dana, kalonji, zeera and salt.
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Add diced mangoes and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add chili flakes and sauté.
- Add dry fruits and chaar maghaz.
- Add water.
- Let it cook for 30 minutes.
- Add 4 tablespoon sugar and cook for 5 – 10 minutes.
Serve with snacks to add a sweet and tangy twist!